What to Look for When Buying a Used Car
Looking to buy a used or certified pre-owned vehicle in St. Louis can be overwhelming. At Travers Automotive Group, we want to make your car buying experience as stress-free as possible and we’ll make sure you know exactly what to look for when buying a used car.
Even if you’re a first-time car buyer, haven’t bought a car in a while, or have had a bad experience buying a car before, our team is here to guide you through the process.
How to Buy a Used Car From Travers Automotive Group
Buying a used car can be a great option for St. Peters drivers. It’s usually cheaper and used cars can still have many cool tech features that are more affordable than buying new. At Travers Automotive Group, we’ve got a bunch of options for you!
If you’re interested in buying a used car from us, here’s what you need to know:
- Figure out your budget. You need to think about how much you can afford to spend, including things like future repairs and maintenance costs. And don’t forget, your monthly payment shouldn’t be more than 10% of your monthly income. You can use our payment calculator to help you get an idea of what that might look like.
- Find the right used car. Make a list of cars you’re interested in and check out what we have available. You should also look up reliability reviews online and see what similar cars have sold for in your area.
- Test drive and inspect the car. Take it for a spin and make sure it feels good to drive on the roads around Florissant.
- Figure out financing and fees. Once you’ve found the perfect car, take some time to explore your loan options and factor in things like taxes, registration fees, and your trade-in value.
What to Ask When Buying a Used Car
There can be a lot of variety when shopping for a used car, so it’s important that you know what to look for and ask to make sure you’re not signing up for costly repairs in the future. Do you know what to ask when buying a used car?
Here are some tips for what to ask when buying a used car:
- What’s the car’s maintenance history?
- Can I see the vehicle history report?
- Do all the features and amenities work properly?
- What’s the ownership history?
- How many miles are on the car?
- Are there any recalls on the car?
- Can I have a mechanic inspect the car?
- Do you have the title in hand?
- Is the car sold as-is or is there a warranty?
- Will buying this car affect my insurance rates?
Find Out More About What to Look for When Buying a Used Car!
We’re ready to make the car buying process easy for you, you’ll know exactly what to look for when buying a used car at Travers Automotive Group. Find out more about the car buying process by speaking to our finance department today, and let us help you find the perfect new-to-you model today!
More from Travers Automotive Group